Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Tale of Two Sweaters

I never realized how many things I have in common with Michelle Obama. Okay...maybe not many, but several. Okay...maybe not several, but at least a few. Case in point: She loves a wide belt -- I love a wide belt. She's a Democrat -- I'm a Democrat. She loves cardigans -- I love cardigans.
obama-cardigan
Jan Thursday
And it is not as though I just happened to open up a magazine from 2008 and discover this. But for all we know, I was wearing cardigans and belts before her. They are a wardrobe staple after all.

So much a staple, in fact, that I have taken to wearing cardigans two at a time and throwing in a wide belt for good measure. I treat the base cardigan like a button-up and the top cardigan like a jacket, left open. I add the belt for silhouette and viola.

I also wanted to share a close-up shot of my Cindy shoes. I think that's actual donkey fur:
shoe

Black sweater: Ann Taylor Loft
Aqua sweater: New York and Co.
Belt: Fashion Focus
Skirt: Banana Republic
Shoes: Cindy
Necklace and bracelet set: Cookie Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment