Saturday, October 3, 2009

Chicago - Take 2

One thing I learned from tromping across NYC awhile back, is that I cannot wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row. This is not a question of being fashionable, its simply a matter of giving my feet a break. And after yesterday's traipse across Chicago in my knee-high Calvin Klein boots, I needed to switch gears.

Since today's itinerary included a river boat architectural cruise, I opted for jeans instead of a skirt and tights. I wore my brown equestrian boots under the jeans for added warmth. I tried to tuck in, but the jeans were the wrong cut for tucking. Needless to say, when the rain came -- and it did come -- my jeans got soaked. We had to make a pit stop back to our B & B to refresh and dry off.

post 2

After a quick breather, we headed off to dinner and walked around, and around and around. Eventually ending up back at the river where we took the cruise tour. We then walked back north on Michigan Avenue -- the Mag Mile.

My first day in Chicago, I found a pair of boots I just loved. But the store did not have my size. Every time I saw the store I would go in and ask about the boots. Either they didn't have my size, or the color I wanted. While working our way back up the Mag Mile to our hotel, I stopped in a shoe store along the way. Jackpot! I snagged the size and color I wanted.

*******
sweater: Ann Taylor Loft
blazer: Banana Republic
jeans: Joe's Jeans, Muse cut
boots: Nine West

No comments:

Post a Comment