Friday, September 25, 2009

Get a leg up

I have to admit, when I decided to wear my lace-patterned fishnet stockings to the office, I was ready for comments. I had psyched myself up for it. I practiced a line from "Erin Brockovich": "Well as long as I have one ass instead of two I'll wear what I like if that's all right with you." I practiced steely silence as a response to any off-handed comments I might encounter.

But when I arrived at the office, the strangest thing happened. People liked them. And not just people, but the older women -- who I thought for sure would look at me like a streetwalker -- actually liked them. The stockings did not go unnoticed by men either. That afternoon, a gentleman told me I looked "very nice". I commented that he had seen me that very same morning. His response, "Well, I didn't see you standing up." Oh, I get it....nice (and a little creepy). I love how people continually surprise me.

And speaking of surprises, these fishnets are actually footless capris. I bought them on clearance for about $2.00. So, while I will never wear them without boots to cover my legs, I think they were one hell of a bargain.

post

***************
sweater: Ann Taylor Factory Store
necklace: B & B (but Cookie Lee has one just like it)
skirt: Banana Republic
belt: Fashion Focus
tights: Simply Vera (Vera Wang for Kohls)
boots: Calvin Klein

No comments:

Post a Comment