Wednesday, January 6, 2010

To quote Psychedelic Furs-- trying to be "Pretty in Pink"

And this is what happens when your staff photographer is busy and you try to use the self-timer without a proper tripod:

post Wed

I've come to realize I look a bit crazed when I smile for no reason. But that is neither here nor there.

I was unable to capture myself from the knees down, but I can tell you that I wore gray tights and my gray platform heels with gunmetal embellishments. I once read that if you don't have -- or cannot afford -- a pair of boots, you can "easily mimic the look by wearing a skirt, tights and shoes in the same color." I personally think you'd have to be a moron to confuse tights/shoes for boots, but nonetheless, it does make for a nice long line (which I wish I could show you, but...)

I first fell in love with the sweater/shirt layered look when I was in Chicago. As you can see, I basically just swapped the blue sweater for a pink one and the black skirt for a gray one. I know it may seem odd to wear cotton candy pink in the dead of winter, but it is a wool sweater. Interestingly enough (or not) I got this sweater at my consignment store about four years ago. I remember it was four years ago, because I initially wore it with soft knit gaucho pants. [If that's not dated, I don't know what is.]

I have kept this sweater because it's in exceedingly great shape for being almost seven years old. And I know how old it is because the small tag on the side seam reads "HO/03" which translates to Holiday Season 2003. Most major chain stores put these little labels in their clothes. It's good to look for this tag so you know if what you are willing to pay full price for is actually "last season" -- think Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde."

blouse: Anne Klein
sweater: Gap
skirt: Ann Taylor Factory Outlet
necklace: Cookie Lee
earrings: New York & Co.


1 comment:

  1. ** "Pretty in Pink" was Psychedelic Furs. Having said that, pretty in pink you are, milady.

    ReplyDelete