Tuesday, May 5, 2009

On Neutral Ground

Since I have not seen the sun in about 10 days and it continues to rain here in Dallas, my desire to wear pants has increased. Something about the dreariness and the drizzle makes me want to cover up.

The shirt I'm wearing today is one that I found more than a year ago on clearance at Kohl's for about $12 -- and I have NEVER worn it. Every time I clean out my closets I consider sending it off to consignment, but I just hang on to it. I decided to try it out today. I love the puffy sleeves, subtle gatherings and delicate embroidery. I paired it with a well-worn pair of putty pants and nude heels. I tried on several different necklaces and forewent them altogether, opting instead for my cream colored hoop earrings.



Neutral on neutral is usually not my thing -- but given the weather outside and my mood inside, I decided understated was my best option for today. I really hope the sun comes out soon. I have a great sunshine yellow top to wear, but I can't bring myself to put it on when there is no sunshine in the forecast.

On another note, temptations abound! Today I got an email from a friend suggesting a new shoe website (I didn't even open the link). I got an email from another friend wanting to go shopping tonight (I reminded her of this experiment). When I checked my mail at home I found that my friends at DSW sent me a postcard offering 500 points (if you don't know what that means, believe me, its a big deal!). This is only day 2 and I'm tempted at every turn. I will remain strong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment