Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Up in arms!

Today I wore my coral flutter sleeve blouse, tan skirt and aqua jewelry set. Doesn't the coral and aqua look lovely together? As I discussed last week, orange and blue compliment each other nicely. I liked my bright blue and orange last week, but I really love this lighter color combination. Plus, I successfully avoided anyone asking me to stow their carry on luggage--bonus!

I find this top to be comfortable, flattering and it wears well with a variety of bottoms. I have worn it with jeans, navy blue walking shorts and a shorter brown skirt (not all at once). Considering how little I paid for it, it has more than paid for itself with numerous wears. I don't want to give all my secrets away for free, but trust me The Style Within can tell you where to find the deals.

Today was the second time I wore this blouse to work. Counting those two times and the time I wore my "bumble bee outfit," today was the third time I arduously avoided our HR admin. for fear she would mistake my flutter sleeves for sleeveless, which is not "technically" allowed in our office.

I enjoy dissecting and debating fashion. On most days, I will gladly discuss why this is not a sleeveless blouse. But to quote the great Kenny Rogers: "You got to know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away and know when to run." Today, I chose to walk away. I walked away as fast as my BCBG heels would carry me and hid in my office until she was gone.







No comments:

Post a Comment