Thursday, August 20, 2009

Business in the front, party in the back

Last night, on the way home from work, I was so tempted to stop at a store to try to find a new skirt or new dress. I was just in the mood for something new to wear to work. However, due to my ravenous state, I skipped the store and went straight home for dinner.

Flash forward to this morning. I'm trying to figure out what to wear and I'm kicking myself for not going to the store last night. What to wear? What to wear? I wasn't really "feeling" anything in my closet, so I went to the hall closet wear I keep my suits. I moved them there once I realized it is only on a very rare occasion is is necessary for me to wear a suit to the office. I thought about wearing my pinstriped, seersucker-esque suit. I describe it as seersucker-esque because the pattern makes me think of a classic seersucker suit, but unlike true seersucker, the fabric does not pucker or appear wrinkled.

But since you can't really wear a suit to the office these days without people thinking you have a job interview somewhere else, I decided to borrow from the set and wear the skirt only.

I debated wearing a black shirt with this skirt, but decided it needed color. I decided on my canary yellow button-up blouse, which needed a little help from Hollywood Fashion Tape -- why they space these buttons so far apart, I'll never understand. I accented with black, wearing my (you guessed it) wide, black belt with patent leather buckle and patent leather (sexy librarian) heels.

It has been about a year since I wore the suit, and I forgot about the skirt's detail in the back. The skirt is so plain from the front, but then when you turn around -- ruffle pleats. It's like a mullet: business in the front...

post2

party in the back. Well, sort of.

rear

******
blouse: New York & Co.
skirt: Nine West
belt: Fashion Focus
shoes: Bakers
jewelry: Cookie Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment