Thursday, August 27, 2009

In full bloom

I have to laugh at the ads that are running on my blog. I mentioned bracelets in some of my posts and now there are Life Alert bracelet ads on my blog. Whoever thinks computers could replace humans are sorely mistaken.

Anyway, today's picture is no good. Not only am I in desperate need of a bang trim (which I will get on Saturday), but my "photographer" messed with the camera settings and all I got was this grainy picture. Nonetheless, I wanted to show you my super cute sweater with tone on tone flower pin.

post

As I'm sure you can imagine, my flower pin has a few people conjuring up comments about Carrie Bradshaw from "Sex and the City". One woman even said, "Oh I'm glad flowers are coming back in style." As usual, I smile and nod and then bash her in my blog. When did flowers go out of style? It's not like they are butterfly collars or leisure suits -- it's a fabric flower for Pete's Sake.

I got this sweater at New York and Co. I've recently fallen back in love with this store. I swore it off after college (when I think it was still called Lerner's New York). But NY & Co. has clearly upped its game. They have new designers with a far better grasp of what affordable chic should look like. It's no longer a store full of polyester elastic waistband skirts and track pants. Plus, they have Carson Kressley (from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy) as a spokesperson. He even called me to remind me to use my City Cash reward coupons this weekend. Well, actually it was a recording of him, but still -- such courtesy.

The reason the rest of my outfit does not appear is because I got a pedicure after work and I really didn't want to mess it up by putting my shoes back on. The polish may be dry, but I think it takes a few hours for the varnish to cure. And since I had to pay $5 more for a pedicure in Uptown Dallas (since my usual suburb salon was closed), I didn't want to risk a dent.

However, I will tell you that I wore my purple Charlie Davids as shown here:
shoes



No comments:

Post a Comment