Friday, August 7, 2009

Give 'em the ole razzle dazzle

I am a big fan of Broadway musicals. And I expect no one reading this blog is shocked by this tidbit of information. It incorporates my favorite things: costumes and music.

That being said, today I was reminded of the song "Razzle Dazzle" from the show (and movie) "Chicago". In the movie, Richard Gere sang the song as defense attorney Billy Flynne. Basically, the song is about how the jury will get so caught up in his spectacular presentation, they won't care about guilt. Sample lyrics:

Give 'em the old razzle dazzle
Razzle Dazzle 'em
Give 'em an act with lots of flash in it
And the reaction will be passionate
Give 'em the old hocus pocus
Bead and feather 'em
How can they see with sequins in their eyes?


Today's Outfit:

post

Today at work, a lady commented that she liked my outfit. She went on to say that she has never seen me wearing the same thing twice. She assumed I had "a ton" of things in my closet and she would probably not live long enough to ever see me wear all of my clothes. I explained to her that I have, in fact, worn this outfit before, with the exception of the top. I wear this embroidered, cotton top on the weekends, with capris or shorts. It is casual, but I love the neckline so I wore it to the office.


Me on June 2nd:

post

I explained to her that I have very limited closet space and in all actuality limited clothing. I told her that I have been wearing and re-wearing a fair amount of the same pieces for 90 days, but in different ways. As I was explaining this to her, she stood there captivated, hanging on my every word. I could see her wheels turning. She was trying to recall outfits I had worn and piece it all together in her mind. "Well", she said, "you do a very good job at making it all seem new."

Of course, this is my point. This is the point of the blog and the business model for my wardrobe consultation company. You can create outfits that appear to be new using the existing pieces in your wardrobe. It just takes a bit of hocus pocus. Razzle Dazzle 'em and baby, you're a star!
*******
shirt: harve benard
skirt: Apt. 9
belt: Old Navy
shoes: Jessica Simpson


1 comment: