Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Shades of gray

One of the fashion trends you will see this coming season is monochromatic color palettes. That is, wearing multiple hues of a single color. I decided to get a jump start and tried this technique today. I paired a light gray silk blouse with a slightly darker gray skirt and gray heels.

One of my fashion pet peeves is when people wear separate articles of black clothing and the blacks don't match. Such a stark color, black is impossible to match unless items are bought as a set. I had better luck using gray, a softer color. However, I look forward to trying monochromatic dressing again, but with bolder colors, like purples or pinks.

post0804

*******
blouse: Ann Taylor Loft
skirt: Worthington
shoes: Carlos Santana
jewelry: Cookie Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment