Monday, August 3, 2009

My thoughts on today's outfité

Last month, I blogged about how certain colors are associated with certain places and/or things. Since that post, I have been wanting to try a certain color combination, but feared I would be asked to "supersize" something (or to be more current, "supersizé" since apparently, McD's thinks you can add the accent aigu to anything and make it French.)

mcdonalds

Yellow and red -- both primary colors that are often only seen together at nursery schools or McDonald's packaging.

post

In traditional color theory, primary colors (red, yellow and blue) are colors that cannot be mixed or formed by any combination of other colors. All other colors are derived from these 3 hues. Hence the old Ziploc commercial slogan, "Yellow and blue make green -- it's sealed!" Logically, I figured if I paired the yellow and red with enough black they would act as pops of color, rather than distraction.

Today a friend at the office commented on my "tweed" skirt. I have worn this skirt before. Though, in a slightly more obvious fashion. Though I would never dream of wearing tweed -- a rough textured woolen fabric -- during a Texas summer, I realized that the texture of this skirt -- which is a cotton and linen blend -- does resemble the nubbiness of tweed. I am making note of this, and will try this skirt with tights and boots this coming Fall.

Today's ensemblé did procure a few compliments today of the "you look cute" variety. One such comment from the clerk at 7-Eleven, where I stopped for coffee this morning. I really wanted an Egg McMuffin, but just couldn't bring myself to go to McDonald's. But to be fair, its not like I'd go to 7-Eleven wearing red and green. Or to be exact, I would never wear red AND green -- too deck-the-halls-ish.

7-eleven_logo



******
Sweater: Ann Taylor Loft
Top: New York & Co.
Belt: Unknown, but I got it at Khols
Skirt : Sharagano
Shoes: Steve Madden


1 comment: